- ALSO CONTAINS:
- Cellulose, gelatin (capsule) and vegetable stearate.
- Douglas Laboratories
- As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 tablet daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- DOES NOT CONTAIN:
- Yeast, wheat, gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, corn, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate 50 mg
- 100 Capsules
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
(You save )
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P), a biologically active form of vitamin B, provides 50 mg of Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate per each capsule.
P5P's specialized ability could have implications for those consuming diets high in methionine, an essential amino acid found in meats (especially red meats) and dairy products. Furthermore, P5P deficiency has been linked with hypertension and pancreatic and cervical cancer.
This water-soluble vitamin is involved in a number of metabolic reactions throughout the human body and functions as a coenzyme. The metabolism of sulfur-containing amino acids, such as the conversion of methionine to cysteine is also dependent upon the vitamin. P-5-P is also involved in the conversion of tryptophan to 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.