5-HTP is a metabolite of tryptophan and precursor of serotonin and melatonin (Tryptophan5-HTP to Serotonin to Melatonin). 5-HTP plays a role in mood, sleep, anxiety, and pain sensation. Our 5-HTP is naturally derived from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia, and is combined with activated Vitamin B-6 as active P-5-P, an important co-factor in serotonin metabolism. Consult with your physician if using SSRI's.*
How does 5-HTP aid your health?
Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation. 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is implemented for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- ALSO CONTAINS:
- Vegetarian Cellulose Capsule
- Metabolic Maintenance
- One (1) capsule daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Best taken between meals or at bedtime.
- DOES NOT CONTAIN:
- Each preservative-free vegetarian capsule contains only the active ingredients listed on the label. Gluten and Excipient-free.
- Vitamin B-6 (as 5mg Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate), 5-Hydroxytryptophan, Glycine
- 60 Capsules
- Do not take with MAO inhibitors or tricyclic antidepressants. Pregnant or lactating women, consult your healthcare professional before taking this product.