Vitamin A has several important functions in the body, including the maintenance of healthy vision, skin, and immune health. When the body is deficient in Vitamin A, the eyes gradually lose their ability to adapt to changes in light resulting in "Night Blindness." Another vital role of vitamin A concerns the formation, maintenance, and growth of skin; which is the body's primary barrier to infection. Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant, which detects damaging free radicals and fights inflammation.
Among those functions, Vitamin A is also an important nutrient in maintaining cell membrane integrity and plays a role in proper bone formation and reproduction.
Carlson Vitamin A is 100% natural from cod liver oil. It contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- ALSO CONTAINS:
- Soft gel shell (beef gelatin, glycerin, water). Contains fish (cod)
- Adults take one soft gel daily at mealtime.
- DOES NOT CONTAIN:
- Milk, wheat, corn, yeast, sugar, preservative, salt
- Vitamin A 3,000 mcgRAE (as/from cod liver oil and retinyl palmitate)
- 100 Softgels
- Do not take if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. The recommended daily serving contains more than 10,000 IU of Vitamin A from retinol, which in high amounts is known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Keep out of reac