For pre chelation, the 24-hour period begins immediately after the patient has urinated to empty his/her bladder. This first urination specimen is not collected. It is discarded. Subsequent urination specimens are to be collected for testing. Refer to instructions for Trace elements- Urine Post Chelation for collection instructions and containers used. Note the time and date in order to collect the urine for a full 24-hour period. Urine must be collected for a full 24-hour period prior to having the EDTA administered to the patient.
The levels of the toxic elements (aluminum, cadmium and lead) as well as the nutrient elements (calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc) in the post chelation are compared to the pre chelation levels.
If doing a pre and post within a short period of time, both samples can be properly labeled and submitted together.
Doctors who wish to order kits, please call our lab directly to set up an account before ordering. 316-684-7784
- CPT CODE:
- 82108, 82310, 82300, 82495, 82525, 83540, 83735, 83785, 83655, 84630
- COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS:
- STATE & SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS:
- We cannot ship lab kits to NY, AK, HI, or international
- NORMAL VALUES:
Expected values established in our laboratory for chelation metals are:
Urine Pre-chelation = 55 to 275 mg/24 hr.
Urine Post-chelation = 135 to 435 mg/24 hr.
Urine Pre-chelation = 0.0 to 3.0 ug/24 Hr
- PATIENT PREP:
- For Pre collection: 24-hour collection period begins immediately after patient has urinated (but not collected) to empty his/her bladder. Patient should note date & time in order to collect urine for a full 24-hour period. Urine must be collected fo
- PROCESS METHOD:
- The elements are measured by ICP and atomic absorption methods.
- PROCESS TIME:
- 5 to 7 business days