Your adrenal glands are responsible for producing a steroid hormone called DHEA. Among other things DHEA is used by the body to produce testosterone and estrogen male and female sex hormones respectively. Though studies are still ongoing DHEA has been shown to have some beneficial uses when taken as a supplement. The production of DHEA in the body begins at around the age of seven and peaks in your mid-twenties. As you grow older the level of DHEA in the body gradually drops with people in their fifties having about 20 percent as much DHEA as they had at age 20.
Older women have also been observed to have lower levels of DHEA in their bodies than men the same age. The potential benefits of DHEA supplements for older adults include support for heart and cardiovascular health a strengthened immune system and reduced inflammation. Recent experimental and human studies show that DHEA is involved in a large variety of physiological processes, including immune function, brain function, bone metabolism, blood lipid metabolism, energy metabolism, the regulation of normal blood sugar and insulin levels, and the maintenance of lean body mass.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- ALSO CONTAINS:
- Rice powder, Gelatin capsule, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.
- Bio-Nutritional Formulas
- For adults over the age of 55, take one (1) quick release capsule daily with water as directed by your qualified healthcare consultant. Individuals under the age of 55 should consult with a healthcare professional before using this product.
- DOES NOT CONTAIN:
- Gluten, wheat, yeast, milk, lactose, soy, artificial flavor or sweetener, preservatives, or GMO's
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
- 60 Capsules
- Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancerâ uterine ca