Product Code: GLDisInfla
Regular Price: $703 Sale Price: $422.00
Inflammation is part of our normal immune system’s response to threat or injury. Without inflammation, wounds would not heal and infections would become fatal. But if inflammation occurs when not needed or becomes chronic it can lead to disease states such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune and neurological diseases, and more. Persistent, low-level inflammation throughout the body can be detected by an increase in inflammatory markers such as C-reactive protein (CRP) in the blood.
Chronic inflammation can be a response to increased levels of oxidative stress in the body. Antioxidant defense is essential to limit damage due to excess free radical production. Antioxidant deficiencies with excess free radicals production can lead to various forms of inflammatory diseases. Antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E can be measured to assure adequate amounts.
Healthy fats can also fight excess inflammation and can be measured by lab work to assure adequate levels. High blood sugar, as indicated by elevated HgbA1C also fuels inflammation and is an important piece of the puzzle in assuring control over chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is often asymptomatic, yet over time can result in devastating disease processes.
At Riordan Clinic, we have designed a panel to directly address the physiological factors involved in the process of chronic inflammation and our defenses. This can be a valuable tool in your proactive strategy to avoid a future of chronic disease.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP-hs)
- Essential Fatty Acids:
- Linoleic acid (LA)
- Gamma-linolenic (GLA)
- Dihomogammalinolenic acid (DGLA)
- Arachidonic acid
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Total Omega 6
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Total Omega 3
- Arachidonic acid to EPA ratio
- Oleic acid (OA)
- Total Monounsaturated fatty acids
- Palmitic acid
- Stearic acid
- Total Saturated fatty acids
- Unsaturated to saturated fatty acid ratio
- Elaitic (C-18)
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Potassium/Sodium Ratio
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C (Plasma, Urine)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
Profile specific instructions for lab draw:
- This lab profile does not require fasting.
- A urine specimen will also be requested at the time of the blood draw.
- Drink plenty of water the day before and leading up to the lab draw.
- Additional instructions may be provided upon ordering/scheduling.
To learn more about our laboratory please CLICK HERE
* All information subject to change. Please check with Bio-Center Laboratory with any questions.
Doctors who wish to order kits, please call our lab directly to set up an account before ordering. 316-684-7784
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.